Friday, April 24, 2009

Featured {Shabby} Blogger

I have totally been stalling when it comes to choosing our first featured blogger. You have no idea how hard it has been to choose just one person to spotlight when there are so many seriously fabulous blogs I have discovered through your comments! I have "earmarked" several of you for future features. Holy talent! Having said that, on to our very first {Shabby} Featured Blogger...


Meet Virginia!
Blog: BlackFlipFlops


Virginia's blog, like so many of yours, is a blog I found myself wanting to explore. I don't know Virginia, but after clicking around on her blog a bit, I wanted to know her. The more I read, the more I wanted to read. There is something fun and light about her style of writing and her beautiful photographs are whimsical and dreamy. Virginia's kiddos are cuter than cupcakes and she does an amazing job capturing their personalities through her photography. They are going to loooove their mom for this awesome record when they are older! Besides that, this girl can craft! Oh, that I could do what she can do with some paper and a glue stick! I was drooling over this rad creation in particular, but the table she decorated was equally shabulous. All-in-all, BlackFlipFlops is a blog that is definitely worth checking out...especially if you are in the mood for a little inspiration. :)


Here is my interview with this week's Featured {Shabby} Blogger herself:


Me: When and why did you start blogging?

Virginia: I started a private blog for only a couple of friends to read when I moved out of state for a couple of years. It was a great way to stay in close touch with them. When we moved back here, I started my public blog in July of 2005. I had recently had my first child and was a brand new stay at home mom. It was a place where I could just be "me" and gather my thoughts... and share my day to day life.


Me: What is your favorite thing about your blog?

Virginia: My favorite thing about my blog is the way I have made new connections to other people, and that in turn has helped me to realize new things about myself. I love the sense of community blogging brings!

Me: What 3 things most inspire you?

Virginia: The three things that most inspire me: the grace of Jesus, the lives of my little family, and the colorful world we live in! I love color and am greatly affected by it, in my home decor, in the clothes we wear, in my photography, and in my scrapbooking.


Me: Besides blogging, what interests/hobbies do you have?

Virginia: I'm an avid scrapbooker, photographer, and reader! I love to play with paper and get my hands messy with paints and inks. I also love to decorate our 85 year old cottage and make it a creative environment. I do all of this in my spare time; you know, all that spare time I have after I'm done raising my four year old, three year old, 1 1/2 year old, and little baby on the way!


Me: Do you have any advice or tips for new bloggers?

Virginia: My advice for new bloggers... hehe, not sure if I'm entirely qualified to be handing out advice, BUT I would say stay consistent and always keep in mind who your audience is. As a local radio show always says, ask yourself if you were reading your blog- would you be entertained, informed, or would you just be plain bored?


*Now, please click on over to BlackFlipFlops and give our featured blogger some shabby love!!! YOU could be next! :)