Ever wonder how people get those spiffy signatures on their blogs at the bottom of each post? It's easier than you might think. Here's what to do, friends...
1. Create your signature. This needs to be sized correctly because Blogger will not adjust it to fit. I wouldn't suggest going bigger than about 170 x 70 pixels, but I'm not a fan of humongous signatures so play around with it and see what you like best. :)
2. Upload your signature to the image hosting site of your choice and copy the URL (or "direct link" if you are using Photobucket)
3. Log into your Blogger account
4. From your dashboard, click on "Settings"
5. Now click on the tab that says "Formatting"
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the page where you will see a text area next to the words "Post Template"
7. Enter the following code:
8. Replace the section of code that says "SIGNATURE URL" with your own image URL
9. You can change the alignment (right) to "left" or "center" depending on where you would like your signature to appear
10. Click the spiffy orange button that says "Save Settings"
That's it! The next time you create a new post, your custom signature will be there waiting for you like an old friend. Ha! Just make sure you write your post above it.
If you would like a custom signature, but don't want to mess with creating one yourself, check out this site.
Just as a side note, my "signature" is actually a post divider- which I'm planning on showing you how to add in another tutorial. I'll give away a ton of free dividers that match our backgrounds. So fun! I'm also going to be posting a tutorial on how to get your own "peek-a-boo" navigation bar like the one at the top of my blog. Loooove that! :)