Thursday, June 30, 2011

Shabby Blogs Team Call

I'm not going to lie to you.  My summer so far has been AWESOME!  Our yellow farmhouse has been filled to the brim with tons of family coming to visit, trips to Mackinac Island and to our little town ice cream shoppe.  Fireflies, camp-outs, Lake Michigan...my life does not stink.  :)  It's definitely hard to wipe my mascara mustache off and give up pirate adventures with my kids for computer time, but I've been able to sneak in a bit of design time here and there.  Never fear!  I've recently uploaded a bunch of new backgrounds to ShabbyBlogs.com and will be adding a whole batch of  brand new blog headers within the next few days.  (If you want to be among the first to know about things like that, make sure you "like" our new page on Facebook!)

Shabby Blogs has grown like mad since I began it a year and a half ago.  That is so rad!  It really is.  It is also a lot of work and could take up every hour of my days if I allowed it.  Lately, I've been really torn.  I want SB to continue to grow and to continue to help and encourage others.  At the same time, it is just bigger than one person...especially if that one person isn't willing to miss out on time with her sweet little family.  (My family is everything to me and that is something I just can't/won't bend on.)  Back in October, I put out a team call and was blessed to find Keren and Jessica.  To say that I appreciate, respect, and adore those two women would be the understatement of a lifetime!  They are as talented and brilliant as they are kind.  (My favorite combination!)  Now it's time to add to our team even more.  If you have any of the following skills and are interested in collaborating with or joining the Shabby Blogs family, we would love to hear from you!

*Please note the extremely professional tittles you are about to read.  :)

Expert Blog Code Person
We are working on making our Blogger backgrounds compatible with Wordpress and Typepad.  Wanna help us?  Email me!

Awesome Tutorials Person
You may have noticed, but it has been a lonnnng time since we have posted a new tutorial.  Shameful, really.  We need to get on that...and also update some of the previous ones to include tips for those using Blogger's template designer.  Does the thought of that make you all giddy with excitement?  Email me!

Digital Scrapbooker Who Loves Making Headers Person
It's no secret that I am aaaaalways behind on headers...and a billion other things.  Sigh.  If you are a super scrapper and think your style is a good fit for Shabby Blogs, email me!  I'd love to see your work!

Awesome Blogger Finder Person
Another one of those billion things I'm behind on is featuring Shabby Bloggers.  This breaks my heart because it is one of my absolute favorite things about SB.  I love shining the spotlight on people you might not know about.  There are so many amazing people out there!  I truly believe the best bloggers are often ones with only a handful of followers.  If you have a knack for finding lovely people who do lovely things, email me!

I am so excited about this!  I can't wait to add to our already super awesome team!!!

Speaking of adding to our team, there is someone I'd like you to meet.  Not only is this outstanding person the newest member of the Shabby Blogs family, but he is also a member of my family family.  You are going to LOVE him!  Everyone, this is my brother Steve:

He's the monkey on the left, not the insanely adorable little man on the right...in case you were worried about child labor laws.  ;)  Steve will be in charge of our sponsorships- so if you are a freakishly awesome blogger or business owner, you're going to want to contact Mr. Tracy for all of the details on becoming a Shabby Blogs sponsor.  I am so elated to have him not only as a brother, but as a partner.  I love that boy with all of my heart.  He is one of the most amazing, loving, strong, and admirable people I know.  You are going to LOVE working with him if you get that opportunity.  Side note: He is single.