Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer at Summerfield

Maybe it's because I adore all of those English period films or because summer in Michigan is heaven on earth, but shortly after we moved into our 130-year-old farmhouse, I named it Summerfield.  It is surrounded by beautiful trees and fields and magic- if I do say so myself.  I love it here.


This summer has been such a lovely time for my little family.  My three girlies and I have been dragging our old quilt outside and nestling in among the tall grass beneath a beautiful old oak tree to read The Secret Garden each evening.  I love that time of day when it is still light enough to read to them, but just dark enough for the lightning bugs to come out and transform our little piece of earth into a fairyland.  During the summer, our home also turns into Birthday Central because of my girls' July birthdays.  I have so much fun throwing together their parties!  My little princess wanted a princess party, of course.  She also wanted to include some "spa" activities so we transformed the playhouse my husband and I built for them this spring into The Pampered Princess Salon & Spa.  (Do you remember me mentioning our playhouse project?  We have yet to completely finish the inside, but I'll share pics when we do!)


My youngest turned 3 this week and I threw her an alligator-themed party based on the book, A Girl and Her Gator...and the fact that her nickname is Ally-gator.  :)  We had so much fun!


I've tried to fill each summer day with my girls to the brim with fairy tales and learning and adventures.  I almost burst into tears when I saw all of the back-to-school things at a store the other day.  I am not ready to let go of summer yet!  I'm gradually working on some school-themed designs to add to shabbyblogs.com, but you'll have to be patient with me and my denial.  :)

Below you'll see a lovely little bit of summer sweetness I've made for you to use on your blogs.  You can customize it and use it on your sidebar or in your actual blog posts.  Wouldn't it be a great way to announce a giveaway winner or to share a favorite quote?  Enjoy it...and enjoy the rest of your summer!

{click image to save full-sized version}

P.S.  Still working on answering emails regarding our latest team call.  I'm sorry it is taking me so long, but you guys are sooo dang awesome that it is way harder than I thought it would be!

P.P.S.  Keren will be featuring some of my little parties at FPTFY so be on the lookout!  :)