Monday, January 16, 2012

Soul Spilling (& a freebie)

I almost forgot what a computer is over the holidays.  We went from Michigan to Arizona so we could spend some time with my husband's family...and we even hit New Mexico to visit some of mine.  It was a whirlwind trip, but so worth it.  I really have the coolest family and family-in-law on the planet.  I've also got some super fantastic friends.  It was lovely getting to see Jessica during our time in AZ.  I wish each of you could do a shoot with her or take one of her workshops just for the chance to spend some time with her.  She's that cool.  Feeling rather blessed...and also a little lazy.  I brought my laptop, but didn't touch it once.  Not even a peek.  It was lovely!  Since I've been home, I've been trying to slowly ease myself back into cyber world.  But not very hard, if I'm being totally honest.  :)

2011 was all about acceptance for me.  I didn't particularly intend that, but it just happened that way.  I feel like I learned so much about accepting myself- the good and the bad, and just being cool with that.  I hope to be a better person in the future, but today I am rather hopelessly flawed...and I'm okay with that...mostly.  Ha!  It takes practice.  This year I am going to try my best to simplify.  I've already put some of my big plans on hold so that I can make my life a bit easier and spend that much more time with my little girls while they are still little.  I love Shabby Blogs, but the majority of my heart will forever be with my family.  I hope you understand!  I'll still be releasing new goodies and posting here, but it just won't ever be at the expense of my family.  Not that it ever was.  It's just so easy to get sucked into Cyberspace.  Blogging, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest...all of it.  Even just having an iphone makes me feel like I am plugged in 24/7.  I don't like that.  My life is here...in my own home...with my own family...in my own mind and heart and hands.  Everything else can wait.  Simple as that.

Speaking of my own family, I snapped a few pictures of my dear in-laws during our trip and these particular shots inspired me to create a little goody for you...


Aren't they the cutest?!!  And I love these frames because they are neutral so they go with everything.  Just click on the png image below for the full-sized version and save it to your computer.  Can't wait to see how you use these!


Sorry for the soul-spilling, but as long as I'm sharing, I just want to say thank you to each of you who follow this blog and our website.  Your support and friendship means so much to us.  We truly thank you for being such amazing fans and friends.