Thursday, December 12, 2013

Free Antique Winter Blog Frame

Hi there.  If you noticed I'm a smidge behind on my blog, you should check out Real Life Megan.  She's a cold mess!  This holiday season completely crept up on me this year.  I've hardly decorated our snow-covered yellow farmhouse and haven't baked a single cookie.  Not one.  While my waistline is appreciative, my kids aren't quite as grateful.  And as long as I'm confessing things, I might as well just throw it out there that I may or may not have possibly led my children to believe that their Elf on the Shelf got injured while they were playing with him- which is why he is slow to move around or do fancy Pinterest-worthy stunts.  It's just that kind of year.  I've accepted it.  Actually, I take that back.  I have full-on embraced it.  Because, you know what?  Sometimes we just need to let go of those high expectations, hold onto our dear ones, eat store-bought cookies, and just feel grateful for the things we have done right and the magic that is already around us.

In case you get ambitious though, here's a lovely little blog frame for you to customize and post.  (That sweet little wreath bit I used to decorate this antique frame was drawn by Laura of My Sweet Rose.)  Enjoy this little freebie, but most of all, enjoy this holiday season!



X's & O's-
Meg


15 comments:

  1. Beautiful frame! And YES to feeling grateful for what we already have. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,
    http://woodfishstone1.blogspot.ca/
    cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There,

    I used your header and viewed the turutial and I was wondering if you could tell me how to stretch it out on my blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this frame, it is so cute. I used one of your headers for my blog and I just wanted to thank you and to let you know how much I appreciate and adore it.

    Thanks
    ~April @ Once Upon a Coffin

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo cute!!!!


    http://ncolesnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Everything here is so adorably cute, twee and kitsch. I may explore into the scary abyss of creating my own headers and other cute things in the New Year!

    I'm especially liking this one!

    http://simplyroxilicious.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mediterranean beauty mask www.mamatzini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!
    Driving Games High Jump

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am gonna have to say I am VERY new to the whole blogging thing, but I am so glad I found Shabby Blogs, even if I am still learning how to apply your designs (: www.realfarmwivesofcc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! We are so glad you're here! We may not always be able to comment on your blog, but please know that we will be visiting and considering you for our next Featured Blogger!