Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thank you.

My name is Megan Hastings.  I don't normally share a lot about myself because, to me, Shabby Blogs is about you.  It is my belief that Shabby Blogs isn't a small thing behind a big person, but a small person behind a big thing.  Having said that, there are some things I would really like to share with you.  I want you to know why I sometimes don't answer your emails or why I don't post every day like so many bloggers do.  I feel like I am constantly apologizing for my turtle-like speed and general lack of juggling skills.  I probably always will, but I hope this little glimpse into who I am helps.

I am a mother.  I am an owie kisser, a monster chaser, a bedtime snuggler, a fairy finder, a laundry diver, a story teller, and a dream pusher.  Becoming a mom was something I fought for and continue to fight for every day.  I fight to put my children first in a world where time gets shorter and shorter and the list of distractions grows longer and longer.

I am a wife.  I'm married forever to my best friend and better half.  I believe in date nights and water fights and dancing in the kitchen.  I believe in never giving up and always giving more.  I believe in always.  I believe in us...him and me...me and him.

I am a family girl.

Also...

I am a blogger.  I blog because even though I have chosen to be a stay-at-home mom, I have a voice and my voice matters.  My memories matter.  Someday, they will be all I have.

I am a business owner.  I started ShabbyBlogs.com so that others could have a place that truly represents them and their own unique voice.  I want people to be proud of their blogs because for so many of us, it's not just a web address, but a real piece of ourselves that we share with the world.  Some of us share to remember.  Some of us share to let go.  Some of us share just so we won't feel small or alone.  It doesn't matter why you share...why you blog.  It just matters that you do and that you do it with honesty and integrity and in your own unique voice.  I hope Shabby Blogs helps you do that.  I hope you know that we believe in you and in your voice and that you matter to us and to this world.

As this blog nears 15,000 followers, I just want to say thank you.  Thanks for being a part of this with me- whether this is your first time here or you've been a fan from the beginning.  Thanks for your encouragement and your kindness and your patience.

Thanks for being awesome.