Friday, September 2, 2011

Photography with Jessica - Back to School

I recently visited my elementary school in California... well, at least the outside of it.  I loved elementary school!  I have dim but happy memories of the people and things that occupied so much of my life at that time.  I wish I had pictures to help me always remember my classrooms, wonderful teachers, the beloved library, and friends who I haven't seen in decades.
Even though it was 113 degrees here in Arizona today, and even though school started weeks ago for us, September always gets me in a nostalgic, back-to-school kind of mood.  Ahhh, the crisp autumn air, the new shoes, the smell of library books and crayons.
Don't forget to take some back-to-school pictures of your kids.  And don't stress out about doing on the actual first day of school (which is stressful enough already)!  Here are some photo ideas to help you capture some memories about this year in their life:
·         have them write their name and grade on a slate or ruled paper and hold it
·         clothes laid out the night before (be sure to get details)
·         new backpack
·         new shoes
·         kids packing lunches
·         this year's text books
·         details of school supplies
·         child in front of the house with complete outfit and backpack
·         getting on the bus
·         with their best friends in front of the school
·         shot of the school sign
·         child with new teacher
·         sitting at new desk
(click on photos to enlarge)
Remember, these photos can be as artsy or as practical as you want!  The whole point is to be able to remember all the fun little details that make up "school life" for your children!

10 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just discovered this charming blog after Megan left a comment on my blog :) What a lovely discovery! Love this school photo idea...definitely going to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my name is Bogdan from Romania. You have a wonderful site. I would likeif we exchange links / banners. Thank you!
    My website address is: http://descopera-travel.blogspot.com/
    E-mail: bogdan_burca@yahoo.com
    If you want to do link exchange, banners leave your comments on my blog! a good day!
    Can you give me one like the : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Descopera-lumea-inconjuratoare/174468635958737
    Please give one like , thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. Your use of natural light is amazing.

    ♥ sécia
    www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your photos always remind me of the "Anne of Green Gables" books:) Have you ever read those as a kid? I love them!
    That's a good idea, about the school photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. September... Love your photos of getting ready for school. Great list of what we need for all this year's memories


    Love, Jody
    rootedinthyme.blogspot.com
    thymeforhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! Thank you for making this available to us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the style of this blog! I've just started my own blog and have so much to learn. Thank you Shabby Blogs for being such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really i appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge.The topic here i found was really effective.
    edicion imagen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many aspiring students who want to start a career in
    photography in general, or specifically in the film industry, will be
    interested in discovering more about the top photography schools.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! We are so glad you're here! We may not always be able to comment on your blog, but please know that we will be visiting and considering you for our next Featured Blogger!