Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Adoption, blessings, & good things to come!


So many awesome things happen in November!  Not only do I get to force my husband to grow a mustache (which, according to him, makes him "lose a little more self-respect every time he looks in the mirror") and drag my extended family over to our yellow farmhouse for Thanksgiving, but it is also National Adoption Awareness Month.  I don't think it is a coincidence that we celebrate adoption and gratitude within the same month.  As an adoptive mother, I am probably more grateful for the privilege it is to be a mom than any other blessing in my life.  Being a mom is no easy job, but I wouldn't trade it for all the world!  I won't get all mushy on you, but trust me when I say that my children are some well-smooched and ridiculously adored little ladies.  In honor of adoption, I've created this sweet little frame for you to customize and use on your blog or Facebook or wherever you choose.  Just click on the image below and then save the full-sized .png image to your computer.


In other news, I'm almost done designing a FULL holiday-themed digital scrapbooking kit just for our Shabby followers.  Be sure to follow us on Facebook and make sure you are getting our updates so you can catch the sneak peeks and be among the first to snag this awesome kit when it becomes available for download!  Also, there will be new designs added to ShabbyBlogs.com in the coming days so stay on your toes!  :)

*Digital goodies used to make the above freebie are from this kit at Digital Design Essentials.  Sooo cute!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so so so perfect! Thank you! I am also an adoptive mother - in fact, our family will be finalizing our 6th adoption this Thursday! We will be taking a family photo to remember the day, and this frame will be perfect! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an adopted child, so blessed with love! Congratulations on your new one and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there, just wanna say that im still using ur awesome bcground..hehe tq so much 4 making my blog look nicer n cuter n whatever it is.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you you are so generous with your freebies will save that one for later...
    Daisy j x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute little shabby frame :)

    xo
    summer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! I love it! and it's from my favorite children's book. In fact, my son and I still say this to each other all the time. What a cute design!! Just had to tell ya that...and that I LOVE your stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the shabby little frame. My supervisor is in the process of adopting 3 little boys. 3, 6 and 8. The CPS case worker brought them from Ft Worth to Houston just yesterday. My supervisor is getting her first initation to motherhood... The 3 year old threw up and their was the sounds of boys in the background while she was letting me know she wouldn't be in after all today. She was all smiles, you could hear it thru the phone. It takes special people to adopt. Bless you both for sharing your love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! We are so glad you're here! We may not always be able to comment on your blog, but please know that we will be visiting and considering you for our next Featured Blogger!